Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Signs & Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome progress over a few weeks to years and include:
1. A burning, tingling, numbness sensation and pain in the wrist and palm side of the thumb, index, middle and partly ring finger.
2. The symptoms may occur even during night when the hand is not in use or the patient is at rest.
3. Some patients feel swelling though there may not be visible signs of swelling.
4. Decreased grip strength may make it difficult to hold small objects tight.
5. Some patients even loose the sensation and fail to understand the hot or cold objects (4).
Article by Kona Vishnu, MS
|Copyright © OmniMedicalSearch.com : Page Last Modified : 12/15/2011|
OmniMedicalSearch does not provide medical advice & is for informational purposes only. Please see our Disclaimer & always consult with your physician.